Sunday, August 2, 2015

Brumby the second


Hello! I'm back with another Brumby skirt. This time I made up a Small, as the Medium even with 1" taken off was too big - this is now on the snug side, so I'm not there yet - I think next time, a S with slight smaller seam allowances will be perfect.


I bought this pretty fabric from John Lewis - again, why?? It's totally not the kind of colours or pattern I wear! I love the two tone print on my last Brumby - I must stick with those from now on!! Plus colour blocking, and plain fabric with nice weaves. 

Anyway, here is the result. I'm happy with the construction and my exposed zipper went in much neater thanks to glueing it down first, a tip I got from House of Pinheiro

Better zipper! Although needed to come up a bit further I think.

I had some fabric left over, so I made a dress for this cat that dropped by. 

She's also fairly dubious about the print.

1 comment:

  1. In some ways, fashion is architecture. There are prints, blocks, and patterns to be taken into consideration, and must be well-matched with another. I like how yours is constructed; the solid lines and colors of your top and leggings clashed well the colorful skirt. Great job! All the best!

    Randy Weaver @ True Fashionistas Resale

    ReplyDelete