Monday, May 18, 2015

Morris Blazer

I was really excited when I saw Katie's Morris Blazer - the shape reminded me of an old beloved Urban Outfitters blazer, and it seemed like it was within my skill level. The pattern is the super Morris Blazer by Grainline Studio

I wanted to make it up in a thick knit like ponte roma, but I had this linen/cotton blend (I think!) in my stash with no other project in mind. 


(I am in fact wearing a t-shirt under the blazer, which decided to disappear for photos!)

I think the fabric is not ideal, as it has very little/no stretch, which is not what the pattern is intended for. But I cut a 6 across the shoulders, grading to an 8 at the hem, and it fits okay as long as I don't do a ton of arm-raising. 

I made no changes to the pattern, and found the instructions really clear and, for me, it was a quick sew.


It wrinkles like mad... 


I'm very proud of my first foray into blazer making - I'm crazy about this pattern! And it'll make a nice change from endless shapeless cardies (the next things I'd like to sew!) But I definitely want to have a go in ponte for my next version... I'm thinking leopard print!

No comments:

Post a Comment