Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Mathilde Blouse!

I had a lot of fun sewing the Mathilde Blouse by Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons. The buttonhole setting on my machine isn't great, but it did the job and the buttonholes actually work this time! And it was my first go at French seams, which means the inside looks pretty okay too. 

I think the fabric I chose was a little flimsy, and that something stiffer and more shape-holding would be better for next time. I'm going to have another go at this pattern soon, and I have some weightier gingham brown cotton for the attempt.


Brown and green, what a team!


I wore my Mathilde out to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace - what lovely views from the top of the hill looking over London... which I am here obscuring with my posing.




Back view - check OUT those green bad boys!!

The show was a lot of fun, and we drooled over all the fabrics and notions... I bought some linen, and next on my list is the Anna Dress from By Hand London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment